||Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was the
Berlin Brigade an active unit of the United States Army?
Ans. In various forms and names the US Army had a presence in West Berlin
from 1945 to 1994
2. Where can I find Berlin Brigade Patches, Insignia, Occupation
Ribbon, Airlift Medal & Ribbon?
Ans. On the internet you can try any auction website such as E-bay or
Yahoo Auctions (keyword Berlin Brigade) or you can go the
SaundersInsignia.com to purchase a patch or two.
3. Is BerlinBrigade.com affiliated with any association or government
Ans. NO! BerlinBrigade.com is not affiliated with any Veteran's
Association. BerlinBrigade.com will not like to take a side when it comes
to political issues. This is due to maintaining a non-biased standing
among our website visitors to ensure that everyone has a pleasant visit to
the BerlinBrigade.com and help guarantee return visits to this website.
4. Can I join the Veteran's of Foreign War (VFW) if I was
stationed in Berlin?
Ans. Yes, you can under these general provisions: According to the
Veteran's of Foreign Wars website, it states in its "eligibility
listing", which lists campaign periods and authorized service medals
to determine eligibility for membership that:
U.S. Army personnel with the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal award for 30
consecutive or 60 non-days of duty in Berlin for the period beginning 14
August 1961 and ending on 1 June 1963 are eligible.
Most of the veteran's of the Berlin Brigade fall under this category:
U.S. Army personnel awarded the Army of Occupation medal for a minimum of
30 consecutive days of duty in West Berlin for the period beginning
9 May 1945 and ending on 2 October 1990 are eligible.
If your local VFW questions this then please have them contact their
National Headquarters as it is from the National Website that this
information is obtained.
5. How can I assist with and/or support the future of BerlinBrigade.com?
A. You can assist BerlinBrigade.com by any of the following manners:
- You can make purchases of BerlinBrigade.com
merchandise on the Electronic Commerce page or at the Cafepress.com store
- You can submit images via email to the new and
ever expanding Image Gallery
6. What are the acceptable image formats for submitting images to
A. You can submit images, via email, that meet the following criteria:
- JPEG or GIF or PNG image formats only
- If you absolutely, positively must submit in a
different format please be advised that this will delay posting.
- Minimum dpi is 72 anything smaller will
create "pixelation" (stair stepping) when the images are
processed for posting
- Height and Width must be no smaller than:
• 250pixels wide by 188 pixel length for LANDSCAPE images
• 188pixels wide by 250 pixel length for PORTRAIT images
B. You can also submit via regular US Mail
- It is recommended that you send high
quality color-photocopies of the images you want posted.
- High-Quality Color Photocopies should be
made at 1:1 ratio (nothing smaller please)
- If you choose to send original
images/photos please send NO MORE than 20 images at a time.
- If you choose to send original
images/photos and you want them back be sure to include a postage paid
envelope with your return address.
7. Is my registry information ever given or sold to other parties?
A. All information that is posted online to the registry is there.
BerlinBrigade.com does NOT sell the registry database. If your information
is online then that is how it can be retrieved via web browser. If you do
not wish to have your information posted on the registry simply send an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating that you wish to be removed. All removal
requests are done as soon as possible.
8. What if I don't want to use my private email address in the
A. BERLINBRIGADE.com recommends that you use a public email address from
places like YAHOO.com, HOTMAIL.com or GMAIL.com and that way you can keep
your private email address PRIVATE.